Equipment Maintenance Course
The PADI Equipment Specialist Course is a one day program designed to familiarize you with the operation and maintenance of dive equipment. It does not teach you to service your regulator, but it will certainly help you field diagnose and possibly repair simple problems that may otherwise stop you diving.
We will show you how regulators, BCD inflators and tank valves work. By under-standing their operation, it will help you determine whether you need professional assistance, or how to conduct a quick fix. The PADI Equipment Specialist is conducted over one day at Frog Dive.
Our one day Equipment Specialty program is designed to:
- Make you aware of how your dive gear operates
- Show you how to diagnose & fix common problems
- Explain how to conduct preventative maintenance
- Help you assemble a suggested spare parts kit to get you out of trouble.
Frog Dive’s Equipment maintenance program is conveniently conducted over one Wednesday evening.
We start at 6pm and finish around 10pm, with plenty of practical demonstrations to make
- Spare parts and tool kit
- Regulator first and second stage function and trouble shooting
- Submersible pressure gauge function and trouble shooting
- Bcd maintenance and inflator maintenance
- Scuba cylinder review & care
- Cylinder valve maintenance & burst disc replacement
- Maintenance and repair of exposure suits
- General Equipment orientation and setup discussion
- All training
- Manual Scuba Equipment Care & Maintenance
- PADI Specialty Certificate & C Card
You need to supply:
- Your own dive gear for evaluation
- Pencil and note book