Digital Underwater Photography Course
Through hands-on training during two scuba dives and guidance from your Instructor & Master Photographer Graham Willis, you’ll discover:
- How to choose the right underwater camera system for you.
- The PADI SEA (Shoot, Examine, Adjust) method for getting great shots quickly.
- Principles for good composition of underwater images.
- Practical techniques to take great photos with your digital camera.
What Equipment do I need?
You will need to provide your own camera. It can be a point and shoot camera or a compact camera in a housing, with or without an external flash (a Strobe). Bring your manual if you have it!
You will also need a computer or other device for downloading images that is suitable for viewing digital images (laptop with a card reader would be ideal). It's recommended to have an image processing software that will allow you to enhance your images, but it is not required.
What do we cover?
The basics of Digital Underwater Photography including, but not limited to: Composure, Lighting, Colour, Focussing, Environmental impact as well as basic photography editing.
- Self-paced review of the PADI Digital Underwater Photographer material.
- An evening session on a weekday from 6pm- 9pm
- 2 dives on a weekend (generally a Saturday) followed by a classroom session to process your images.
- Be a Certified Diver
- An underwater camera, if you haven't got a camera, one can be hired at reasonable rates (pre booking essential).